About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Vintage, Roses & Layouts oh My!



I had about 10 minutes to come up with this card. It covers three challenges:

Allsorts challenge This challenge was a vintage theme

Card Patterns... the name says it all!

One Stop Craft The challenge here was to use roses.

The picture throws the coloring off in the stamp. I used Stampin' Up Garden Collage and Gentler Times stamp sets along with My Mind's Eye vintage paper.

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love these papers Lisa, beautiful card. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! Love the soft colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Lisa. Your rose stamp is wonderful. Thank you for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello and as always leave a nice comment. I love your card, it has such a lovely vintage appeal.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, Gorgeous vintage card! The papers are very pretty.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa
    Great Card. Love the floral image.
    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa

    I love your backing paper - so delicious!!

    A great vintage card.

    Thank you for playing along in the Allsorts Challenge.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I could produce something HALF as good as this in 10 mins!!! WOW! You did GUD Lisa!!!
    Hygs Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi lisa

    great card i love the beaded embellishments did you make them yourself?

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ten minutes and you managed to do THREE challenges??!?! Wow, talk about card superstar. LOL Love those flowers and are those beads in the upper left?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The paper you chose and the image are absolutely perfect together! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete