About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I just adore this paper!




Good afternoon! I was up late last night trying to get as many cards done as possible. I learned a lesson that being half asleep while crafting isn't always productive..plus I fell asleep with stickles all over my face!

This card covers three challenges:

Basic Grey Week 1 Challenge

Cute Daisy May Floral Fantasy Challenge

Simon Says Buttons & Bows

Everytime I see this Basic Grey ~ Mellow paper for some reason I think of Apples so I stamped an apple. I used Peachy Keen PK-239 Faceless Fruit stamp which I colored in with my Primacolor pencils, then added some Prima flowers, ribbons, buttons and brads.

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lisa and a lovely take on the challenge. Thank you for joining us at CDM this week
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa...gorgeous card,beautiful papers and colour scheme....thanks for joining us this week at CDM,
    San x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a happy card! I love the colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your work and your apple is perfectly shaded...Thanks so much for helping spread the word…Just a personal invite for you :) I would be thrilled if you join in the fun of playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenges :)
    Priscilla
    Midnight Madness Hostess
    http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know card making is relaxing but thats going to far..lol..great card and I love that paper too and the image. thanks for joining daisy. janex

    ReplyDelete
  6. really nice card yoou've come up with! I love the colors picked and the layers:-)
    Glad you could join us this week at CDM
    XMichele speraX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply darling card! I love the colors..it reminds me of a crisp, fall day!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    <3,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! great card and awsome choice of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Lisa!
    Thanks for joining us at Cute Daisy May!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card Lisa, love the gorgeous designs and detail!
    Thank you for joining us over at Cute Daisy May.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. Love the colours you have used.
    Thanks for playing at CDM this week
    Lora x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Lisa! I love what you did with the sketch and the papers you chose are lovely. Glad you could join us at BG this time. Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card! Thanks for joining the CDM Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that mellow paper too. Beautiful fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card - love the colours and papers you've used - so warm! Fabulous take on Tara's sketch.
    Thanks so much for joining us at BG on our re-launch.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete