About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Last minute Birthday Gift




I had fun with this challenge!!. Simon Says challenge. I have been cranking out card after card I was glad to make something different. You could really dress this up by packing it with some candles, lotions and jazzing up the wrap. I know whenever I give out gifts that are handmade people love them and it doesn't cost really that much just my time....and let me tell you sometimes that can be hours if not days!!!

This is something I came up with literally last minute! I am expecting company today so I will not be able to get to my scraproom for a couple of days...bummer :( I was going out to dinner with some of my neighbors to get together and to celebrate one of their birthdays. She said "No gifts" but I felt silly coming with absolutely nothing so I was struggling to figure something out quick. I was tapping on a journal that I bought from the store on clearance for like .50 cents. And WALAAH!! my idea was born. I just made her something to let her know I was thinking about her. I had to tie ribbons for hours it felt like on the front and on the back to cover up the silver underneath. I made a matching Post-It note holder to the memo book. The funny thing is (and if you knew me you would really chuckly)I didn't have a pencil or a pen that would fit into the holder so I took a brand new pencil and widdled it down via a manual pencil sharpner until it fit!!!! That right there is love :)
I put her initials on the front and on the inside cover I put some inspirational quotes along with some blank journaling tags.

She loved it so much she said she was going to put it on display..I wouldn't go that far but it made me happy that she liked it and it only cost me about $2.00 to make.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work!The colours and the bands very much like!

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!:)

    Tímea and SSS Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I really like the big flower and tied ribbons on the side!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    <3,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, what a lovely set.... and you've won the Cutting Cafe Flower shape set. Yayyyy. Email me quickly and Regina will get this to you.
    Hugs.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is fabulous, brilliant creations.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete