About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Color Throwdown #54


I have to be honest. When I first saw this challenge on the Color Throwdown blog I almost gave up on it because I didn't think I could pull the color combo off. I am extremely surprised on how well those colors work together! I needed to do something simple so I used:

Pumpkin Pie cardstock onto of a cream cardstock card

Stampin' UP! Heartfelt Thanks stamp set~ I did the base flower in Blush Blossom and the overlay in really rust. The leaves I used Always Artichoke. I then mounted them onto Grey cardstock. Each flower is mounted on pop up dots for a raised 3D effect.

There was an empty space to the left so I just used some Stampin Up eyelets and some blush colored ribbon.

What is great about this card is you can use it as a Thank you card or as a Sympathy card.

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty Lisa! I love this image--you did an awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card turned out very elegant, I like the way you put the colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Very elegant! Great for the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't used this stamp in a while. Thanks for the motivation to pull it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Nice to see that beautiful stamp set again! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card....very pretty blog. Please stop by The Open Window and say hello. We'd love to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty - thanks for playing in the CTD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and sweet. Stunning job with the color throughdown challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is LOVELY card! I love the versatility and hearing about how you TACKLED the throwdown! What a fun challenge site they have going! This is my first round, here, but I think I'll be "stuck" here for a while! Lol! What a fun bunch of crafty babes! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty card! The stamps work well with the colors. Thanks for creating a card for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the monochromatic color of the stamp on the background. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete