About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Back in the Saddle again!


Well it has been a couple of weeks since I have been on here....I am not sure if I can remember how to scrap :) This was my first trip back in my craftroom after going thru some pretty horrible times...I figured what better way to get my mind off of things than make cards.

This card is for the Peachy Keen Challenge #10 which was a sketch that we had to follow. I used Peachy Keen PK-244 BEE HAPPY stamp set which was embossed and then colored in with my Prismacolor pencils. I highlighted the wings with stickles and put a layer of Stampin UP crystal effects over the body and head of the adorable little bee.

The paper is not as bright as it is showing in the photo but I just couldn't get a good picture of it :(

2 comments:

  1. Smashing happy card lisa! I LOVE that little fella. He's SO cute. Love your take on the sketch. It's lovely to have you join in with us again.
    Hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet little sun-shiny card!! love it!

    ReplyDelete