About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Simple embossed card



I unfortunately do not have a cuttlebug or any machine that embosses so I had to do this one manualy...Everytime I go to buy one with my coupon they are convientely out of stock :( The white cardstock is embossed with different shapes and sizes of snowflakes. Since I have to send out so many Christmas cards I have to keep it simple. I added the flowers because I thought this was going to fit into another challenge but I read it wrong and its to late to fix it since it is glued. I will have to eventually jazz it up somehow.

This card covers 2 challenges:

Polka Doodles Sketch Challenge

Caardvarks Winter Themed challenge

11 comments:

  1. Good for you starting on your Christmas cards - great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing at Polkadoodles! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card Lisa....and well done on getting started on your Christmas cards........thanks for joining in the fun this week at Polkadoodles....Hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the silver embossed sentiment ... very fun winter design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas cards! Oiy, I guess it is time to start. This is lovely... and I like the flower. :)

    http://ohpleasework.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love those sweet snowman on their impressively HAND-EMBOSSED background, and the sentiment is very funny!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That "old-fashioned" embossing is just as pretty, and we get to see some different designs that way! Just takes a little longer, but the results are well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely embossed card. Thanks for joining in at polkadoodles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card, thanks for joining in at Polka Doodles this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... lovely card!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles!!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete