About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Peachy Keen Challenge #7



I was so excited when I opened my package from Peachy Keen Stamps! I couldn't wait to get my hands on her new adorable stamps! I have so many ideas and I am biting at the bit to get started!!

This card was for the Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge #7. We had to do a Halloween themed card that had a pumpkin, the color purple and a zig zag.

So I thought I would dive into my stash of hot off the press Peachy Keen Stamps and start with two of my favorites the Funny Spider and the Scaredy star. My idea was to have the Spider zapping his wand at the star which was running away from him. The problem was I started the card in the wrong direction so I had to change the layout since I didn't want to start over. So I tried to make it look like the star was running or shall I say flying away from the rays of the Web Wand by putting the star in the "sky". Even though it didn't come out like I had originally planned I had fun using it.

Supplies used:

Peachy Keen Stamps PK-626 Scaredy Star, Happy Candy & Wizard Hat

Peachy Keen Stamps PK-628 Funny Spider, Web Wand and POOF!


Peachy Keen Stamps PK-624 Halloween Background One. This has adorable witches hats, brooms, pumpkins, stars, moons, swirls etc.

First I embossed black cardstock using the background stamp and silver embossing powder. I stamped the star and the spider with embossing powder and colored them in using:

Primacolor Pencils
Gamsol....my first time using this stuff and I AM IN LOVE!! I am not much of an artist but this stuff makes it easy to pretend to be one :) - I highly recommend purchasing this from Peachy Keens website.
Blender stomps
Stampin Up Crystal Effects
Stickles

I cut the star out and mounted it on 3D pop up/mounting dots for a finishing touch. Halloween is such a fun holiday, I can't wait to make more cards using my new stamps.

6 comments:

  1. Wow Lisa! You've done a brilliant job of the sketch and I knew what you were trying to d owith the star and the wand.
    The zig-zags are VERY clever to represent those streak things you see behind something that's moving.
    Marvellous, just marvellous! I love it.
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! Great job! I am so bummed that I did not purchase these stamps when they were on sale - they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa! Your card turned out great. I figured the rickrack pieces out.. before reading!! The star really pops on your card!! I'm so happy to see you are playing along with us.. I know you are so busy. I will be gone in just a few hours... for a whole week.. will be really weird! Big Hugs from your friend, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific card! :) Love that spider, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card... I love that spider! and the bright yellow star, too! Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is adorable!! I love that cute little spider, and you've showcased him beautifully! What a super cute card! Thanks for playing!

    Lorie

    ReplyDelete