About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Monday, August 31, 2009

2 Red Bananas & Stamp Something


I actually started this card as a color theme challenge a couple of weeks ago but due to my world being turned upside down I never finished it. So for my attempt to get my life back to somewhat normal I pulled the card out and I finished it using it for two challenges.

This was for Stamp Something ~ Animal Challenge where we had to use an animal on our card and 2Red Bananas Rub-A-Dub-Dub challenge where we had to use rub ons on our card.

I accented the tree limb with stickles and glitter paper. I used the same glitter paper to back the rub on. This card is really cute in person but it doesn't photograph well...hmmm maybe it is the photographer and not the card!

The owl digi stamp I used is from Doodle Palace. I cut them out and mounted them with pop dots. I used the "Together Forever" rub on from DCWV's Love quote stack.






6 comments:

  1. this is such a cute card! i love the owls, and the sentiment is so perfect with them. thanks for playing in 2RB's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Lisa, they waited in the background patiently, knowing you'd be back for them eventually and you didn't disappoint. This is a lovely card. You have been a busy little bee since my last visit and come up with some gorgeous stuff!
    I hope you can enjoy some days without pain and hurt sweetheart.
    Hugs Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! I love these little owls! What a lovely card! Thank you for playing at Stamp Something!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card!! The owls are sooo cute!!

    Take care!!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Nice coloring and pretty papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love the paper you used! Great job on the challenges!! Thanks for playing along with 2RedBananas!

    ReplyDelete