About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Under the Sea.......




I recently got these adorable Peachy Keen stamps and I have been dying to try them out. I stamped the images and then cut them out and then popped them up with mounting dots. I also cut the frames out with my Nestabilities and then shaded it with my Stampin Up Chalks. You can not see the detail here but I covered the frame in Versamarker ink and clear embossing powder to give it a glass/water look. This was also my second attempt and playing with my Copics.

Supplies used:

Copic Markers - BG01, B95, Y21 and a couple other ones for shading that I forgot to write down
Stampin Up chalks & Ink
Stickles
Life's A Beach Cricut Cartridge for the seaweed
PK-950 Under the Sea for the Blowfish& seahorse
PK-951 Sea Animals & Creatures for the Bubbles
PK-241 Happy Birthday Kids for the sentiment

I submitted this card to the following challenges:

Friday Sketchers
Get Sketchy
SPCC
Pollycraft Challenge
Creative Card
Doodle Palace
Copic Colour Challenge
Secret Crafter

25 comments:

  1. Super fun card! Love the idea of the clear EP to mimic glass!
    Robbyn - SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just tooooo cute.. Fantastic job!!!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous sweet card, beautiful scene.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, lovely cute scene, love the images, the puffafish is cute with his blushing cheeks, thanks for joining us at Doodle Palace, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. too cute! Love the under the sea design!

    Emily-SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card! I love the uderwater scene! Thanks for joining us at Doodle Palace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always look for ward to what you will do with the SPCC colors. This time you've outdone yourself! I just love your little "aquarium"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining the Doodle Palace Birthday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so cute! I love the underwater look to it!!

    Deanne SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lisa , i am new to your blog - fabulous card you have made, - love the main picture especially with the gingham papers - adorable.

    also wanted to say .. i read your profile and i think you are so very brave .xxxxxx I am so pleased to read you now have two wonderful little girlies !
    many hugs
    maddy xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute Birthday card. Hope to see you next week Doodle Palace Thanks Gloria M.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun bday card-love that fishy's expression! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG!!! This is just the cutest card! I love, love it! Way to go! Thanks for joining us at SPCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh those creatures are so cute!!
    Hugs,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi- new to your blog- you are one amazing woman- God Bless you! Your work is soooooo pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lisa!!! you won!!! you won on the Copic Colour Challenge. Oh I'm so pleased for you Sweetheart!
    I LOVE your card too. It's so CUTE with the PK stamps and all. How are you my friend? Good I hope. Big hugs Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! You are a very talented crafter and a wonderful MOM!

    Bless your heart!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, love the fun images you've used and the bright colours.
    Thanks for taking part in the Cretive Card Crew birthday celebrations.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh too funny! I like to look at this card and think that it is you and me!! LOL I'm the puffer fish! giggles.

    ReplyDelete