About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Challenge #2 over at the Sisterhood!! Come on by!


I can't believe we are already on Challenge #2 over at the Sisterhood of Crafters challenge blog!! We had a great week and thank you to all of the "sisters" who played along with our Ireland challenge. Well this week we have a Hidden Potential challenge. I chose a heart punch (well 2 actually) and turned it into a flower. I used some spring themed scraps which made me very happy!! I had to trim the blue paper a bit but I couldn't bring myself to throw it away so I used my MS border punch. I also did two layers to the flower and used mounting dots to give it dimension. I used a smaller Stampin Up' heart punch for a third inner layer. To give my plain green card stock a little "kick" I used my Peachy Keen Extra Small Dots stamp with Stampin Up' Ink.

I submitted this card to these challenges:

Crafty Catz
Frosted Designs
Verve Stamps
2Sketches4U
ABC Designs

17 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa
    A beautiful card,thankyou for joini g us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty, great way to use the hearts!
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card! Lovely flower! Thanks for joining us this week at 2S4Y! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so much fun ... great idea Lisa!! You clever gal you!!! Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for some heart punches! Fab card hun!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How PRETTY this card is Lisa!! Great job.. love the colors! :)Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. its a lovely card, thanks for joining in with craftycatz, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is gorgeous, I luv the flower..nicely done..sending you sunshine!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Spring card Lisa.
    Beautiful colours and that flower is just 'WOW'.
    Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. great take on the sketch! thanks for joining us at 2S4Y!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your fun project and what a clever way to have used your heart punch, this is perfect for spring. I am going to have to go check out the Sisterhood challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!! Love how you created that beautiful flower and the DP's are outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your heart punch flower! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun card. Love your layered flower!

    ReplyDelete