About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Halloween layout






Halloween was one of my favorite times of the year. I just love everything about fall. My love probably all started when my first born came into this world in October. We had so much fun at Halloween time. It was a big to do at our house and my kids went bonkers. I know it is March but I choose to do a Halloween layout. It was actually really fun doing something out of the norm.

I have also challenged myself to see how many different ways I can use one stamp set. I decided to try my hand at using the Peachy Keen PK-242 Train Set for at least 5 different projects/themes. I had soooo much fun with this set. I stamped the images out and then cut them all out and popped them up with mounting squares. When I saw the windows in the caboose the first thing that popped into my mind was having little faces peering out. I used PK-530 Simple Simons Face in the 3/8 size. I then hand drew the hair on Frankenstein. As for the "conductor" on the train I used the witch stamp from PK-615 Halloween Candlestick delight. It fit perfectly into the window so I thought it would be cute. There was also a pumpkin stamp in the set & I stamped a couple of those and put them as "cargo". For the larger carts on the train I used PK-553 Monster's 'n More for the Zombie and Dracula. For the wheels on the train I used various sized buttons that I had laying around. Then I thought it would be funny to have a spiderweb train track so I used my MS punch to make it. I had some ghost die cuts that I bought about 8 years ago so I added those coming out of the stack to imitate steam. I used some DP by Imaginisce called HALLOWHIMSY/PIXIE STICKS. This was double sided paper so it was hard for me because I hated wasting the other side which was really cute! The dripping goo is a punch from Martha Stewart.

Imaginisce Sketch
The ABC challenge Paper piecing
Pixie Dust Studio 3D
Polka Doodles Things with Wings
Crafty Catz shades of green
Stamp Scrap Doodle Open challenge
One Stop Sew Simple
Crazy 4 challenges Paper piecing
Magical Crafts Things with Wings
Practical Scrappers White pen/White marker
Die Cut Dreams No flowers allowed
Kids

29 comments:

  1. Lovely

    Thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, thanks for joining in at MCFC

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry i will try again Fabulous layout, i had to laugh though as when my so was about 4yrs he was spider man mad and even had to sleep in his suit occasionally. He will be 32 yrs next month how time flies lol. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely LO. Thanks for joining the Polka Doodles challenge.

    Luv Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
    hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout love that train and the photos are cool really beautiful work , thanks for playing our no flowers allowed challenge with us at DCD this week please come back soon
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa
    What a great LO, I love it. Great pics too, thanks for joining us at DCD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa

    What a fab l/o so bright and colourful.

    It is good to test ourselves with stamps sometimes as it's too easy to keep using them the same way.

    Thank you for joining in with my wings theme at Polkadoodles this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute layout Lisa!! Fall/Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year as well. Thanks for playing with Practical Scrappers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful LO Lisa, love all of it but especially the spooky train running along the bottom, fabulous. Thanks for also sharing these special photo's with us.

    Thanks for joining us at Magical Crafts.

    Hugs

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful layout, fab time of year i agree, thanks for joining in with craftycatz, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous layout! SO Super-Duper Cute!!! What cute subjects too :)
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    P.S. go stick this post on Delightful Sketches and Challenges..the theme is kids and the prize is a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful scrapbook page. Love the LO and the embellishments. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week, good luck in the draw. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great layout. Fab idea for the wings theme, never thought of anything like this. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like it was great fun. Fab layout.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely scrapbook page, nice to see something different! Thanks for playing at MCFC, love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely layout. I'm so glad you joined the DCD challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How adorable! Love the little train~~

    Thanks for playing at Practical Scrappers.

    Sherri DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thats really fab thanks for joining MCFC good luck

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for playing along in our wings challenge at Polkadoodles. Fab page! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great take on the Imaginisce sketch! Such a fun way to showcase those sweet Halloween photos.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A wonderful page!! Thanks for playing along at Delightful Sketches and Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. **wink...thanks for adding it to our challenge!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely stunning I adore it, your story has made me cry, and the hope and love and your new blessing of two beautiful girls each with their own guardian angel treally touched my heart.

    Sorry I have not commented earlier my children have been ill.

    Thank you for joining us on abc this this fornight we look forward to seeing you for the letter Q.

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Girl I know how important these photos are to you and that you can put all of your love of the holiday, your darlings and their goofiness in to these pages is wonderful!!! Every time I read one of your posts about your sweet babies I get all misty eyed. I love ya kiddo!! Keep scrapping - you ROCK IT EVERY TIME!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fun way to use those Halloween papers from Imaginisce. Great layout and thanks for playing along this month with Erin's sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW! Way to workk that sketch AND the papers! LOVE this! TY for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this layout!!! How sweet your little trick or treaters are.....I admire you for keeping your spirit and I bet those twins keep ya hoppin!!! Thanks for sharing this great memory with us!!!

    ReplyDelete