About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happy Easter My Little Chickadee!!







I wanted to see if I could make a little Chickie without using an actual die cut or chickie stamp. This little guy came out pretty cute I think :) For the body of the chickie I used the center of the bunny outfit on Page 69 of the Paper Doll Dress Up Cricut Cartridge. I cut it out at 10". I then used my PK-495 Everyday Character Face Parts stamp set. I distressed or inked up the sides with Stampin Up So Saffron ink. I used my Stampin Up' heart punch and turned them upside down for feet. For the hair I used some fibers that I had laying around. On the sentiment I used my PK-263 Springtime Minis stamp set and the Fancy Tags from Spellbinders. I had to add a rhinestone to the middle of the tag to hide a boo-boo. I tried to use different colors than I normally would for the layering as well as gold. I am soooooo not a gold person but this flourish chipboard was just laying on my desk next to me so I tried to incoporate it somehow. It kinda bugs me...my eyes keep going to the gold. I layered several different flowers, then sprayed them with Craft Bond and sprinkled MS glitter for some extra sparkle. The paper is from Cosmo Cricket that I bought 1-2years ago. I added mounting squares behind the chicken and the tag for some added dimension.


I designed this card to fit the challenges below:

Rosie-D's Color challenge
Peachy Keen Stamps Sketch challenge
Cricut Cardz Easter Challenge
Simon Says Easter & Glimmer Challenge
Creative Cottage Sparkle Challenge
Charisma Cardz Spring Challenge
Cute Card Thursday dimension Challenge
Colour Create Your choice of Pastels
C.R.A.F.T. Easter challenge
Stamp Something Doodle challenge
Raise The Bar April Fool's challenge
Totally Papercrafts Pink & green challenge
One Stop Craft Feeling Fruity Challenge
Secret Crafter Pink & Green flowers

28 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, gorgeous sparkle!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ... fabby creation Lisa!! LOVE the little chickie ... well done!! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar! Hope to see you again next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab Lisa, love that chick and your fruity colours. So glad you joined us at One Stop Craft this week with your gorgeous card. Hugs Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Lisa! Love your lickle chickie!
    Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
    Hugs,
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lisa! your card came out SOOOO CUTE!!
    Thanks for joining us @ Peachy Keen!
    hugs,
    Emma:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling little chickie...what a great job you did .
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. that little chick is so sweet, lovely card.
    Thanks for joining in with this weeks Creative Cottage Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and I love the easter chick :)Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's with your lovely work!! Good luck!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Lisa, hope your having a good weekend hunny. Wow what a totally fabulous card hunny love that sparkled flourish, just fabulous and such a cute image too. Thank you for joining in with the Creative Cottage Challenge this week Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card!
    Thanks for sharing this with us
    at Rosie D's Challenge!
    Good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card. I especially love the chick's fluff. Thanks for joining the fun at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya Lisa, who needs diecuts! your chicky is fantastic and looks right at home on your card, thanks for sharing with us at tpc this week
    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous card hun i love your little chick and he sure is cute. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh wow Lisa that egg image is just fabulous I love it...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. The face you used on that egg is soooooo CUTE! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wow, talk about thinking outside your box. Love it, he's a cutie alright.
    Thanks for playing along with us on Totally Papercrafts with such a cute card
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is amazing. The image is to cute to be true. Love doodling.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
    Dorte aka dot-scrap

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how darling is this, LISA!! I love that you put that face on the egg! SO FLIPPIN CUTE!! Thanks again for all of your creative projects! :)Big Hugs!! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. That chick is so cute! Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card and image. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely card! I love the image!
    Thanks for joining us at CRAFT challenge.
    Magda :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute!!! Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  25. That little chickadee is so stinkin' adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You did an amazing job on your chick! I love how you incorporated different elements to create him. Wonderful job, and I think the gold looks just perfect. Thank you so much for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aww Lisa! Just look at this little chappie! How adorable! Your flower flourish isn't to be sneezed at either! LOVE this my clever friend!
    Thanks for joining in with us again at Peachy Keen. Good luck! Hugs Viv xx
    (Yep, I'm fit enough to comment again) LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Lisa!
    Your card is just adorable, and I especially love those feathers! Too cute!! Thanks for playing along with us!!

    Hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete