About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day!




I am so far from Irish so was stumped on this one. Is the Leprachan's beard brown or orange? Is his outfit green? His hat black???? Well I just kinda winged it! And what made me happy????

I am going to a St. Patrick's Day party next weekend and I thought I would bring this easel card with some homemade Bailey's Irish creme...ooohhh it is so much better than the store bought Bailey's. I am not knocking Bailey's because I love it but everything is always better homemade!

I cut the rainbow out on my Cricut using the Hello Kitty cartridge. I popped up each layer of the rainbow with mounting squares and added some Stickles. The leprachan, Shamrocks & pot of gold I cut out using the Paper dolls cartridge. The grass was in my stash of scraps so I have no idea what cartridge I cut that out from. The DP was also from my stash of scraps so I am not sure who made it. I inked up the edges with Stampin Up ink. The adorable face on my lucky little guy was stamped with my Peachy Keen PK-490 Everyday Characterface stamp set. I used my Peachy Keen PK-101 Medium Polka dot stamp set to dress up the leprachan's suit. I know you can't see it in the photo but I flocked his beard & hair with Doodlebug's velvet flock. It adds alot when you see the card in person, plus its just a fun little detail :)

I submitted this card to the following challenges:

Peachy Keen's
Cricut Cardz
Crafty Creations
Polka Doodle
Pile it On
Lexi's Creations
The Treehouse
Your Next Stamp
Cards 4 Men
The Pink Elephant

36 comments:

  1. Great card Lisa. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I Love it!! All the glitter is awesome.. Super job!!!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so glittery, and happy, and over all such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is just fantastic. Love that rainbow with all it's sparkle. Thanks for joining in the challenge at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is adorable, I love all the sparkles. But... How do you make homemade Baileys Irish Cream. My husband loves Baileys, but he's never had homemade. Thanks, Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omgosh, so super cute! I love the rainbow and the glittery shamrock!! Your little leprechaun's outfit is adorable with the embossing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GAWSH!!! You have NAILED this cute Leprechaun!!!! I absolutely ADORE this card!!!! Phew, I just had to pick my jaw up off the floor! Thank you SO MUCH for playing along with us again at PKS!!! Good Luck!!!

    {HUGS}
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! I love all that glitter! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Lisa! Love the glittered rainbow! Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is soo adorable and i love the stickles on the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card Lisa...love the little leprechaun and (of course) the stickles!!! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC and be sure to continue to join in with the fun challenges!!!

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is SO adorable!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Lisa!

    Great to see your work at Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, the paper piecing is fantastic. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men, and good luck with the challenge. With hugs Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. HOLY MOSES! Lisa this card is AMAZING! I love it!! Thanks so much for your great post! You are so very creative!! Big HUGS and tons of Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. this one is so cute! love all the sparkle!
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Lisa...this is such a cute card..I love everything about it...so magical..I am sure the host will love this card.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Lisa,

    Me again! :) Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations Challenge! Good luck!

    Greetings, saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi
    what a fun card ,love the image and layout
    thanks for joining us at lexis and good luck in the challenge
    lalkygirl x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your Irish easel card! Love that adorable leprechaun! Fantastic!
    This also fits at The Town Scrapper
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great colorful card! Love that sparkly rainbow! Thanks for joining the challenge at Peachy Keen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. HOW CUTE IS THAT ?Thanks for playing along at polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  23. A great fun card. . Thanks for sharing it with us at The Pink Elephant.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh what fun. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww he's SO cute Lisa! He's definately the right colours for a leprechaun in MY book! What a treat to see you using Peachy Keen images on a challenge for Cards For Men! Brilliant!
    Thanks for joining in with us again my friend!
    Love Viv xx
    (I will email you very soon). :0)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, what a really fun card. I love the rainbow.x

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a fun card i love it! Thanks for playing along at Lexi's Creations

    Hugs Lexi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so cute. That rainbow is amazing and I think your leprachan looks very fine. Great job on all the challenges too. So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Pile it On.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fun card! Thanks for playing along at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So cute! Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodlest this week.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for playing along in our shaped card challenge at Polkadoodles this week! He's fab - super card! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just LOVE LOVE your card! is is soooo CUTE!
    thanks for joining us @ Peachy Keen!
    hugs,
    Emma:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW Lisa, wonderful card. Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh Lisa!
    Is this ever adorable!! I love it!! Thanks for playing along!!

    Hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  35. Really lovely card Lisa.
    Thanks for joining the Polka Doodles shaped card challenge and hope to see you again.
    x

    ReplyDelete