About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Gate fold card, altered can & goodie box!





This was a card that I had started a couple of days ago for the Stamp, Scrap & doodle special folds challenge. But of course "Last Minute Lisa" struck again and waited to last minute..literally! I put the whole card together and wrote my message on the inside. I then decided to sew the edges but my machine jammed and left all of these holes in it and it was not a pretty pattern so I had to think quick (while cursing myself the whole time)and put some brown adhesive ribbon to hide the marks. I then stamped a tree on the outside but didn't like the way it came out so I tried to cover it up...and well that didn't work so well. Then I accidentally deleted the photos of the inside of the card and I already sent it out so unfortunately this was all I was left with!!! aRGGHHH
I put to eyelets in the center of the cards and threaded some very special ribbon to tie the card closed. The card was for a very, very special friend on her birthday and it drives her nuts that I don't measure. I use my fingers to measure sometimes!!! So on the inside of the card I put little arrows showing all the areas that I measured just for her! So her gift was that I measured actually (which if you knew her would make her very happy!) and the special treasure I threw in there was the special ribbon to tie the card closed. It was ribbon that I used for my daughters piggie tails...that in itself is worth a million bucks and trust me, just anybody doesn't get it!
Plus the whole challenge to myself was to use my scraps from the gift I made her from one of my many formula cans to put in her craft room to hold her pens, tools etc. I even tried to impress her more with a "MEASURED" gift box that I filled with some goodies. All of this was stuffed inside the can and shipped off to her. I know it isn't much but I wanted her to know that I loved her enough to actually measure for her! The box and the can are for the Pollycraft Monday CHallenge. The band slips off the box and it opens to reveal its treasures!

3 comments:

  1. So Elegant! I LOVE the blue and brown together and the ribbon on the card is Beautiful and priceless! I'm sure your friend will love it! Thanks for playing along at SSDS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning lisa,these creations are all stunnng,i loves them all ....brilliant:)

    thanks for joining us at pollycraft:)

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa - these are beautiful. I love the colors and the ribbon on the fold card - great job !!!

    ReplyDelete