About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thanksgiving card



I have decided to send out some Thanksgiving cards to let my family know how much I love them and they mean to me. I have a wonderful, wonderful extended family that have been by my side thru the worst time of my life...and they continue to do so thru now a happy time in my life. I christened the girls and some of my familiy members drove over 5 hours and stayed in a hotel to be there.

SO when I saw the challenge over at Sheetload of Cards I knew it was perfect. I hate to measure things..actually I am afraid of the ruler actually but it gives you all the dimensions to make several cards at once. It kinda idiot proofs cardmaking..which is what I need! What is even greater is that these cards fit into a business size envelope. It is a very simple card but one I hope my family members will appreciate. I plan on writing a really nice note in there..especially since these are very late!

These cards fit:

Sheetload of Cards November Challenge

Mojo Monday Sketch challenge

Bitten By The Bug "Thankful" Challenge. I cut out the branches from Storybook in 3".

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards!!!

    Good to have a lovely family around!!!

    sweet greetings & big hug,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at SheetLoad this month!
    alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah. this is a beautiful card, and I love the sentiment...and I love the reason behind it.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards and I'm sure your family will really appreciate them. Got that same thing going on with rulers - but just like you, I had to use one today and you know what - it made the job so much easier, might just have to use one again! Great work, I love the stitching around the card. Shell x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous and the colors are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your use of color and stitching ... I'm sure your family and friends will love it! Simply gorgeous!

    Melis
    Sheetload DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. You 'might' want to check out this post on the SheetLoad blog. ;)
    http://sheetload.blogspot.com/2009/12/and-winners-are-november-suys.html

    ReplyDelete