About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Santa Paws is coming to town!









I came across this paper that was cut for a project that I never finished (hmmm, imagine that!). I thought it would be fun to use that paper up and get it out of my wonderfully HUGE scrap paper bins. This stamp is a sneak peak from Doodle Palace that will be released Wednesday. It has a cute dog having some Christmas Fun sneaking a peak to see what Santa Paws left him in his stocking. What's great about this stamp, you can cut out the dog and use him for any holiday/occassion. I designed a matching ornament to go with the card. My friend Kim sent me my DoodleBug Crushed Velvet flock that I couldn't find over here so I just had to find a way to use it on this card. I added it to the puppies ears, nose and I even put it on the dog bones to give it a little texture. Used Stickles, glitter and liquid applique on the stocking and Pointsettas. I also used oodles of mounting squares to give the Pointsetta & stocking dimension. The ornament can be given has a gift to hang on a tree, door knob or even around a gift. I went out and bought the Bowdabara thinga-ma-jig since I am severly bow challenged and well...to make a funny story short, I returned it to the store today! Guess I am back to being Bow challenged! Guess it is a good thing that I have slip on shoes!

This card completes several challenges:

Magical Crafts Fortnightly Christmas Card & Ornament challenge

Digital Tuesdays Challenge. I tried to make the flowers stand out on the card and the ornament by adding several layers and curling the edges upwards and downwards.

Digital Ink color challenge

Creative Craft X-Mas challenge

Penny's Paper-Craft Winter Theme Challenge

33 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa love the title of your post. So cute - just to go along with your creations. Great inspiration.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! These are just awesome..That little dog is to cute.. Great colors..
    Thanks for joining us at DI-C, Hope to see you next week..
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Lisa..

    Hahaha love the title of your project, love the papers, such a cute image, the layout is fabbie and the flower just gives it the wow factor, the onrnament is gorgeous.
    Thanks for playing at Magical Crafts.
    Hugs Angel

    GOOD LUCK 2 entries..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa they are really lovely, the colours are gorgeous and the layout works really well, lovely papers, nice sneak peek of the stamp too!! Thanks forplayingat Magical Crafts, hugs Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa - your ornament and card are just the cutest! I love the little dog image. I also really like the stitching around the design - you have done a fantastic job - thanks so much for joining the MCFC and good luck in the draw. Hugs Shell (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutest little ornament there Lisa love your colours and love the little dog very cute Thanks for joining in the Magical crafts challenge this fortnight..good luck and hope you will join us again soon

    LIZ (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, they are so cute, I love the dimension you gave to the flowers and that puppy, what personality lol...thank you for joining us at Digital-Ink, Co this week, hope to see you again..Good Luck
    hugz
    stitchy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a great project
    I love your doggy. Thank you for taking part at creative craft challenges

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, lovely work.... so creative and so cute!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lisa, I love your projects, that little dog is just soooooo cute. The papers are great and I think the layout is great too especially on the hanger. The flower on the card really gives it the wow factor
    Thanke for joining us at MCFC this time and hope you will join in again.
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lisa, I'm Boni of Bonibleaux Designs and the DT coordinator for Digital Ink Co. I would love to chat with you a bit, could you email me? bonibleauxdesigns@earthlink.net.

    I love your Christmas puppy projects, they are adorable! I've actually spent some time this morning looking through all of your stuff and it is pretty super!! Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Lisa,
    These are just adorable! Love everything about them, you are so clever! Just love the papers, images and stitching. Well done and thanks for joining us at MCFC for this challenge, look forward to you entering many more!
    Hugs, Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovley card and hanger Lisa, they are a great choice of papers, love the stiching and a great layout, your christmas puppy is such a cutie,
    thanykou for joining in the challenge on MCFC
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lisa this is soooo cute and the title of your post still has me giggling.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lisa!
    I live just north of Hbg! But we are always on the west shore, we attend Christ Community Church in Camp Hill! We need to get together sometime!

    your card and ornament are fantastic! It's great when you can show the versatility of using digis! Love the paper, it gives this set a fun, festive look! Beautifully done Lisa!
    Have a great day!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome project!!! It's absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us this week over at PC!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous cards! Love them!
    Thanks for sharing at Digital Ink Co. this week.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  18. hiya lisa thanks so much for entering our christmas fun challenge over at creative craft, the flower looks fab how did you do that ?
    good luck xxx

    ps, i read your about me and it breaks my heart to hear of your horrible loss, my heart goes out to you and your family, im glad that you have 2 beautiful children, of course this doesnt fill the big hole left by losing your other children but hopefully helps to get you through the days
    take care hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Lisa your card and ornament are great I love your colour scheme and that dog is sooo cute! I especially like the way the dog is holding on to his Christmas stocking, no one is going to get any of those dog biscuits! Thank you for taking part in our very first challenge over at magical crafts.

    Carol Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMWord, this is one of the cutests things evahhhhhh.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you did a fantastic job on the challenge....and how cute is that doggie! I also became a follower...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice card. Isn't it nice when we can use something from our stashes...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey, I love how you created that. (the 3D)... love the hanger! It really makes the doggy stand out..... awesome!

    (See..... I'm also always the last to comment, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are great! Thanks for joining in with us at D-IC. I hear you are going to be a guest designer for us too. Welcome aboard! : )

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow Lisa, these are great! Love the colors, and that image is just adorable....very sweet!

    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Penny's Challenges, and we hope you'll join us again next week too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Lisa I love the puppy dog
    such a cute title too!
    I see you are from PA also , I am not far from you I am in Washington.
    So Hi Neighbor
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Lisa, what fabulous projects, I adore this little pup from Dee and Robin, wonderful colouring.

    Thanks for joining us for our very first challenge over on MCFC and good luck.

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, what a gorgeous card and decoration, love it..a fabulous blog actually...
    Thanks for joining in at MCFC..
    hugs

    Rachelxxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Aww these are wonderful!! Great little fun image and fabby colours. Brilliant idea to do a sign - inspiring!!

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Lisa,

    What a fabo job you did on these. They are fantastic!!! Thank you so very much for thinking of us at Digital-Ink Co for our challenge. I love seeing your work, and hope you join us often!

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are fab! Love that cute image.
    Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.
    Lora x

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a gorgeous card!!!
    Thanks for joining us at PC'S.
    Your blog is wonderful and your blog header is adorable two gorgeous little cutie's.....
    as the title says two Angels....
    Hugs Alison.xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely card Lisa. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge. Good luck.XX

    ReplyDelete