About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fall trees!


When I saw the challenge over at Color Throwdown I thought to myself "there is no way I can do something with that!" and I figured I was stumped and going to move on. But then I sat down and realized the key word here...CHALLENGE so I put my thinking cap on and got to work. I wasn't sure what I was going to do and those colors just spoke FALL to me so I took out my Close to My Heart Treetops stamp set and went to work. I wasn't sure how the colors were going to look together so I tried it out. This was my first try at it and I was like Hot diggity dog they do work! I put it aside to complete today when I woke up and planned to stamp it all over again to get a perfect stamp. BUt I decided to keep my trial set even though it is a little uneven and such because..well nothing in life is perfect and my stamping certainly is not! This is a very clean and simple card that can be used for many different occassions.

Supplies used:

Stampin Up Inks: Really Red, Only Orange, & So Saffron ( I didn't have Crushed Curry and this was the closest I had)
Sizzix embossing folder
twine
buttons
Bazzill cardstock

The sketch was for the 2RedBananas Challenge, the color theme was for the Color Throwdown challenge, and the embossing was for the Corrosive Challenge

10 comments:

  1. Pretty card! How fun to combine challenges. Thanks for taking the 2RedBananas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card but I was really touched by your story. I'm SO sorry for the tragedy you suffered through, I cannot begin to imagine how you have coped with such heartache. Scrapbooking has surely been a help. Praise God for the recent birth of your two little girls and may God bless your two special angels.
    Warm regards... and big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us in the 2RedBananas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card..Love the colors and those cute little trees.. Great job..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card for any use. Thanks for joining the bananas

    ReplyDelete
  6. It came out great! Love the colors and I love those clean and simple, any occasion cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you persevered and decided to try the colors. The autumn trees turned out great! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown challenge with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super card thanks for playing:)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Thanks for playing with us on CCBJ!

    P.S. What an inspiring journey you are living. God bless!

    ReplyDelete