About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A perfect example why I love blogging!



I put this card together this morning using several challenges rolled into one.
This is an example of one of my favorite things about "blogland". I would of never thought of putting several elements of this card together if it wasn't for the challenges. This is a great universal card to have in your stash.

This card was for:

CardPaterns Sketch Callenge

The Pink Elephant Color Challenge

Stamptacular Sunday Friendship Challenge

One Stop Craft Text Challenge

Saturday Spotlight "in So Many Words" challenge

24 comments:

  1. It turned out beautifully! =) Can't wait to see what you create with the great D-I Co images =) Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight! And, along with Tanny, I can't wait to see what you do with the awesome D-IC images! Welcome aboard!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Lisa! I love this color combo- not something I would have thought of. So glad you could join us on CP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just awesome..Im with Tanny I cant wait to see what come up with over at DI-C..Look forward to getting to know you!!!Welcome!!!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! And what a very beautiful card this is!!! I so love your colors, the layout is beautiful!! I'm so happy that you've joined us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card. Congratulations on becoming a Guest Designer for November here at DIC. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is truly beautiful!! Love the layout and the colors. I read your profile and I'm really touched by your story.

    I'm so glad you could join us at SSC this week!

    Hugs, Line

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, this is really beautiful! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Way to combine challenges!! Your card is just gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to our team at Digital Ink Co. I really look forward to working with you. I'm following you now too! Your card is fantastic! Love your style!
    blessings,
    Kim xXx
    Just want to say big hugs to you and all that you have overcome. I have a niece up in heaven playing with your babies. She would be 13 now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card! Great layout!
    Thanks so much for joining us at SSC this week!
    Hugs, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful friendship card. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card!

    I just saw your new banner... so sweet and lovely...

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your banner is beautiful too. I am always touched by your story each time I visit. I think your card today is so pretty. I love the sewing and soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally agree with you about challenges - they are brilliant at stretching our creativity. Love your card - all the elements work perfectly together.
    Ann xxx
    TPE

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous job, love this card, beautifully done! So glad you could join us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
    Pleasantly,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card ;0)
    Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

    Janneke

    PS. I want to give you a big hug, just read your story, I got tears in my eyes when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an awesome incorporation of challenges!! Love the colors and design!! So glad you were able to join us at the Sat. Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all the lovely muted colours. Beautiful. Thanks for creating with us at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your card thank you for taking part at ssc

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card Lisa...very pretty colors and way to incorporate so many challenges. I wanted to comment on the post about you getting a Cuttlebug but I couldn't...my computer is being weird today so I'm sure it's a problem on my end...anyway..CONGRATS on the Cuttlebug!!! I know you are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE it and I can't wait to see all the things you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow such a beautiful card. My prayers are with you for the strength to keep going and to find such a fabulous hobby. So glad you joined us here at SSC.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all the details. Thanks for joining us at the SSC.

    ReplyDelete