About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Mother's day


MOM, MOMMY, MOMMA those are the most amazing words to be uttered out of your child's mouth. One of those words that will bring tears to my eyes till this day. And some days make you cry your eyes out while you are tearing your hair out after hearing it repeatly for hours and hours. Being a mother of 2 children in heaven and 2 on earth is the most important and rewarding job I have ever done or ever will. When I walk into my twins room in the morning they have this huge smile on their faces like they haven't seen me in years when it has only been hours. Moments like those are what makes all the hard times of being a parent all the worth while.

So with that in mind, this week over at The Sisterhood of Crafters we are celebrating Mother's Day. We are asking you to make any project, gift, card, layout etc etc. to celebrate this holiday. I just got in a brand new paper line that I just adored so I had to use it. I made a simple card that would be easy to mail to my friend. I stamped something that I didn't like so I had to cover it up (hence the strips of paper) and I added another one to even it out. I was planning on doing a beautiful layout but I am so busy this week with volunteering I just didn't get it done. Which is also why this post is going up late!! It is almost 1a.m here and I am not even in my PJ's yet!

Well I am off to try to get in bed before 3am since I have to be up early and back at it again to go to volunteer.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lisa!

    You're a great Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! You should enter it into the Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge. They are doing a Mother's Day theme this week. You card would be perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete