About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Monday, October 26, 2015

Sweet & Yummy linky party at CDD

Good morning everyone!!! Today is week#2 of the Sweet & Yummy linky party challenge over at Craftin' Desert Divas.  I have been wanting to try to make a candy holder with the Fancy Frame dies for some time.  Took a couple of tries but I finally got one that I was happy with.  


I used the Fancy Frame dies to make the base and the front pocket.  I scored the what would be the front pocket piece and taped it to the base and put some tape along the sides only.  That created the pocket.  Then I took the rectangle die from the set and adjusted it to the size I needed. I also cut out the top note looking die to add under the photo. The adorable snail came from the Sweet Wishes stamp set. This is a smaller 2x3 stamp set.  CDD does carry a few of those stamp sets in that size.  It is a great way to get a bunch of different images at a great price! The paper I used is also available at CDD.  It is Doodlebug's Sugar Shoppe paper pad. The patterns were perfect for this challenge.

This is a great way to make a super cute but cheap gift.  They are also very easy to mass produce.  The dies do all the work!

I hope you play along with our "Sweet & Yummy" challenge over at Craftin' Desert Divas!

HAPPY CRAFTING!

SUPPLIED USED:




No comments:

Post a Comment