About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Dies & Punches Challenge at the Sisterhood



Hello everyone! 

 Today starts a new challenge over at The Sisterhood of Crafters. My fellow DT Sister Terri is hosting a challenge called 
"Die-lirious and Punchy". 
The challenge is to make a project using Dies or punches. I used both!! 


I punched the corners of the card base and the DP papers with my Stampin' Up! ticket punch as well as a large heart punch that I have had forever ( I don't know who makes it). I turned it into a shaker card using some red sequins that I got from Craftin' Desert Divas (I am not sure that they are still selling the solid red). The solid white card stock layer I cut using the Stitched and dotted line die from CDD's Fancy Frame dies. The sentiment came from PaperTrey Ink's Signature Greetings stamp set. To add a bit more pop to the card I added some Doodlebug LadyBug Sprinkles that I purchased from CDD.

The challenge lasts two weeks so I hope you come on over and play along with us!

HAPPY CRAFTING!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful shaker card...love the "shaker mix" you have used....another beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shaker card...love the "shaker mix" you have used....another beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Lisa! You & Diane are so good at these shaker creations ... I really must give that a try more often! Thanks for a beautiful, inspirational creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the heart-shaped shaker card!

    ReplyDelete