About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Fall inspired challenge at the Sisterhood

Good morning y'all!  I hope everyone is enjoying the crisp weather of Autumn.  I know I am.  I am looking forward to snuggling up by the fire with a hot cup of tea, just not the bill that comes with heating my house! lol


My fellow DT Sister Darlene is hosting a challenge over at the Sisterhood of Crafters.  The theme is "FALL".  I got this new paper pad by Doodlebug called Fall Friends.  I loved all the adorable fall patterns so I wanted to take advantage of them for this challenge.  I tend to oversee the adorable little tags and sentiments that come pre-printed in the paper pad so I thought I would finally use them on my card for this challenge.  To make all the layers on the card I used my Craftin' Desert Divas Fancy Frame dies.  The stitched and dotted borders jazzes up any project.

I hope you come on over and play along with us over at the Sisterhood of Crafters.

Have a great day & Happy Crafting!
Hugs,
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful fall card...and what a gorgeous bow..I too love those dies with the stitching...lots of lovely layers, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fall card...and what a gorgeous bow..I too love those dies with the stitching...lots of lovely layers, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Lisa! LOVE those fall colored backgrounds in your design and the sentiment is perfect! Great job! Happy Fall my friend! Hugs from Ohio!

    ReplyDelete