About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Peachy Keen Challenge

It has been awhile since I picked up my markers and played with them.  I need to do it more often because #1 I enjoy it but #2 it is so relaxing for me.  It is my way of coloring as an adult!  What better stamps to use....my Peachy Keen Stamps! OMG I love them to bits and they are so fun to work with.

I decided to play along with their new photo inspiration challenge.  Right away the colors reminded me of Summer so that is what I went with.  I used the June 2013 SOTM set and paper from Cosmo Cricket.  I added Glossy accents to the starfish to give them some "pop".  Gotta go and try to get my card done for the February Linky Party!  

Happy Crafting! 


6 comments:

  1. Lisa this is spot on. So beautiful! Awesome job as always. I'm looking forward to your linky party card too! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fun card, your coloring is perfect! thanks for joining the challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! Those starfish are adorable and I love how you wove the ribbon through the banner! Thanks for playing along at Peachy Keen Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww.....how adorable are these starfish!!!
    Such a cute card!
    Thanks for sharing and playing along with the Peachy Keen Color Challenge!
    AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete