About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Heart filled with love!

I hope everyone is staying safe and getting ready/prepared for this mammoth storm that is heading our way.  This has to be the worst winter I have experienced since moving here 7 years ago.  My heart goes out to those who live by themselves especially the elderly.  Over here if we lose power we don't have heat or running water since I have a well.  Thank goodness we have a generator but still, with kids it is not fun!  So I am gonna just play with the girls and craft my little heart out if I get snowed in.  I just hope the heat stays on with how cold it is here.

It's time for another great challenge over at the Sisterhood of Crafters.  The theme is LOVE is in the Air.  Make a project or anything that has to do with Love.  It doesn't have to be Valentine's just based on love.  You will see a wide range of inspiration over at the Sisterhood to get your crafty gears going.

For my project I used some paper from Carta Bella, stamps from Paper Trey Ink and a 3D layered chipboard rose from Echo Park. I thought it would be nice to send this to someone in the mail.  When was the last time you sent a letter instead of a text or email? I know I am guilty about it so I am gonna surprise someone and send them this card to brighten their day.


Hope you all stay safe and warm.  Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Well done Lisa ... so versatile! You are always so creative! I hear ya on this frigid winter we've had this year! I am SO READY for spring!! Stay warm and enjoy your beautiful girls! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete