About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Let's Hear it for the boys!

Hello there!  I don't know about you but sometimes I find it hard to create a card for a man.  Ribbon or no ribbon? Buttons or no buttons?  Honestly I think sometimes it's all about the paper.  If you have the right paper things just flow.  I had fun making these two cards for the new challenge I am hosting over at the Sisterhood of Crafters.  The challenge is "One for the Boys" and we are asking you to make a masculine themed project.

For my first project I used the stamp from Peachy Keens SOTM July 2012 stamp set.  I created the card with a label from Too Cute By Jessica's LOT OF LABELS set by welding it in my SSDE then cutting it out.  I colored the little boy in with my Spectrum Noir markers.




I bought this stamp ions ago and have no idea who made it.  The sentiment is from a company that is no longer in business.  The papers are from October Afternoon.  The card is simple but I think it makes a statement.

I hope you play along with the challenge I am hosting over at the Sisterhood of Crafters! See you there! 

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa, both of these cards are fabulous!!! BTW I love the springy blog background ... looks wonderful in comparison to the snow I'm seeing outside my window! Uuugh! I am SO OVER winter weather! HUGS to you my friend! GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful Lisa, I love the cute image on the first one it just brough I smile to my face. The sentiment on the second card is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lisa, both these cards are wonderful. Love the cute little "guy" card and the classy second one. I also struggle with "male" cards and you are right, the paper is the difference...thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete