About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas card holder





Good morning everyone. I wanted to show you this fun Christmas card holder I made with some files from SVG Attic.


The papers I used were from October Afternoon and the ribbon is from Stampin' Up! First I simply scored 1/2" on each side of a 12X12 piece of cardstock and then 4" across the bottom. I cut a little slice out of where the scores met and folded the top part back and glued it and the bottom score up so it formed a pocket. I put eyelets in the corners so I could tie them together forming the card holder.


I fell in love with the NOEL sentiment from Cozy Christmas Captions so I knew I was going to use that one. I didn't want it to look off center so for the bottom sentiment "Believe" I cut out the base of the Noel and layered the Believe sentiment on top of that. The snowflake in the center is actually the Noble Fir tree from O Christmas Tree. I cut it out and just layered it with lots of foam tape to give it some depth/height. I am very happy with this card holder because it gives me someplace to keep all my Christmas cards and also acts as a piece of holiday decor.


SVG Attic has some great files on sale today at 50% off!!!! You defintely have to stop on by and check them out. You literally need to stock up on files at these fantastic prices. Especially the new collection called Stocking Stuff. It has an adorable lump of coal box as well as a great way to package up Wii games, DVD's etc.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! This is such a cool idea! I totally need one of these! And did you say they have SVG's for wrapping up DVD's and Wii games?! I so need to get a cutter for SVG's! Beautiful job and great enabling too! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice Lisa! How are you doing? Have a safe and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! How lovely! It says 'Country Christmas' to me. Now I've seen this, I'm going to try and make one for letters! You CLEVER girl you! Like Janice, I wish you a safe, healthy and Happy New Year my friend! Love Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete