About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Monday, January 2, 2012

SVG Attic Challenge and some quick Valentine's Day treat boxes


First I would like to wish everyone a very Happy, Healthy and SAFE New Year! I sometimes dread New Years because I wonder what is coming in the next year. Even though I would like to be healthier for my sake as well as my children's I am not going to make any weight loss resolutions. But what I am gonna do is get ORGANIZED! I have been on a rampage organizing cabinets and rooms downstairs. Things that have just been put aside for way to long. I sent picks to my hubby and he wrote back... "Are you okay?" LOL Let's just say I am far from organized. I also started to attack my craft room which is absolutely horrific. I don't get much time up here but when I do I am usually short on time so all the scraps and garbage from my previous projects just gets stacked up. It is going to take me some time but I will get there. I need to, it is just way out of hand. But the good news is that my computer is back and running and I actually got the girls down for a nap so I whipped up these two little crafty creations really quick using some svg's from SVG ATTIC.

I have loads of solid card stock in paper stacks that I forget about so I pulled some out and used the milk carton from the Fun Favors Kit. The sentiment is actually one half of the cupcake topper in the Valentine's Day Cupcake wrapper set. Using my Make-The- Cut program I cut the milk carton out at 80 DPI and the sentiment at 100 DPI to fit the box. I didn't want to add to much to it since I know they will just be thrown out. I filled some Cello bags with Cherry Cordial M&M's I bought on clearance after Christmas.

This is a scrapbook layout I made with the Give a Hoot collection for the new challenge over at SVG Attic. The challenge is to use something Metallic and Glittery in your project. It is hard to see in the photo but all the Dp's are glittered. Make sure you stop on by and play along for your change to win some great SVG's! You can find the contest by clicking HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment