About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Ribbon covered recycled project


Hello All!

When I was deciding what to make for the ribbon challenge this week over at
Practical Scrappers I just finished making some Crystal light..well actually the generic Walmart brand of it! I was holding the empty container in my hand and a light bulb went off. I went upstairs and found this huge roll of ribbon that I bought at Tuesday Mornings for $1.99. I didn't realize it but there was 25 yards in the spool and it was double sided. I was trying to use some of that up so I used mostly that and a few others to jazz it up a bit. I was gonna add some buttons or flowers but since it is in a heavy "traffic" area I didn't want anything bulky on it. I know this is simple but I just love how I took something I was going to throw away and made something out of it. What can you do with the ribbon in your stash? HHMMMM? stop and by and share with us!

1 comment: