About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Buttons, Buttons, who has buttons??




Hello everyone! We have a super fun & easy challenge this week over at Practical Scrappers. We would love to see what you can come up with using BUTTONS!

I took a wooden frame that I bought for a $1 from Michael's. I covered it in paper from CTMH and adhered it with Mod Podge. I then sanded it down and covered it in buttons from my stash. Some of the buttons are from PaperTrey Ink and the othes I have had so long I have no idea where I got them from or who they are from. I was going to paint it or add some flowers but I liked how it turned out just like it is. I have it on my desk in my craft room so I can look at my little Angel Annie whenever I am thinking about her. Very simple project but fun to do!




6 comments:

  1. This is so fun...and what a great way to use up a button stash!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa.. this is such a great idea!! It certainly adds personality to a plain, boring frame!! Love it!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,
    This frame is way too adorable! Very creative and love how you just splatterd the buttons about on the frame! You rock!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww what a beautiful frame for your beautiful little angel Lisa! You are SO creative my friend.
    Big hugs Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! what a cute idea with the buttons. Girl you are always revamping those $1 deals LOL LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete