About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Shake Shake Shake, Shake your bootie!

Sorry that I totally dropped the ball on this one.  I thought that this post was up and going.  Our new challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters is to make a Shaker card.  I honestly thought I was going to skip this one since I never made a shaker card.  But then I thought Hey it's called a challenge right?? SO I tried it and you know what????? I'm addicted!!! They are so fun!!!  I was working on a third one but I wasn't crazy how it turned out  plus I ran out of time.  Have no fear Shakers are near...in the near future that is.  I had to much fun with them.  I will say if it is your first time be careful of the frame that you use.  My first one (Mother's Day) the Nestie I used  produced a really thin frame and it was super hard to get the foam tape underneath.  I followed the tutorial that I found on Splitcoast stampers and you can find that by clicking HERE.

This was my very first try at making a shaker card.  For the acetate/window part I used one of the many sticker/embellishment backs that I have saved over the years.  The stamps are from Shabby Chic Stamps whom by the way is having all of her stamps 50% off this week.  I used the sentiment from the Mother's Day set and the flower from the Build a Bouquet set.


Next I did a Tri-Fold card but changed the Nesties I used to make the frame to a rectangle shape and used a birthday theme.  The stamps are from Shabby Chic's Build a Cake set and their Greetings set.


I hope you challenge yourself and play along.  They are really a lot of fun to make and easier than you think. We have a wonderful sponsor for this challenge so stop on by and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment