About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

2 Posts in one!

Even though I live in the country (well sort of) I do not have a farm/country decor in my house.  Actually I don't have any decor in my house.  But when I saw the new release from Jessica over at SVG Attic I just knew I had to have it.  I fell in love with that darn pig and cow..Love at first sight!!  They are just to darn cute.  My first idea was to take the pig and make a piggy bank out of an old jar.  Then I was going to make a bank for me to put spare change in and use that money for my craft supplies.  I found these fabulous jars that I must of bought at Walmart awhile ago in my stash.  They are very large cracker jars with a flat front so I thought they would work perfect for me.  I only found one at first so I started on my piggy.  He was just to cute he needed a friend so I went back into my hoarding room I mean my craft closed and realized I had another jar.  The papers I used are from October Afternoon's Farm Fresh collection.  These were going to be for my girls since my one daughter Mia goes crazy over animals.  She literally sleeps with a bucket of them every night.  But I just love them to bits that I can't bare to part with them yet.  So I have them on my craft desk and every time I look at them they just make me smile.  It was really hard to get a good picture of them for some reason.  They really are super cute in person.

 Meet Betsy and Wilbur!




Today is also my day to share with you some of my projects I made with my newly released stamps from Shabby Chic Stamps.  This week all of the stamps are 50% off  but they are going fast.  Get them while you can.
I made this one with the Father's Day set.  I added a die cut that I had in my stash from K& Co.  I also trimmed around the edges with my Sakura Gel pen.



I made this card with the Build a Bouquet set as well as the Greetings set.



1 comment: