About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Did I tell you how much I love my Market Fresh Kits???

Okay  I need more paper like I need a hole in my head but since I already have 2 holes in my head I figured the 3rd's a charm! LOL  I signed up to receive monthly Market Fresh Kits from Market Street Stamps.  I never look at the preview of them except I accidentally saw the stamp for this month.  I like to be surprised.  I love to craft but I am colored challenged.  I see cards and think OMG I love it but I would of never thought to put those colors together.  So the kits come in handy.  Everything is all in one perfect little package.  I keep all my scraps in there and have them right next to my desk so I just pull it out.

This month color challenge over at Market Street's blog was pretty cool.  I pulled out my February kit and found some colors that I thought would go perfectly.  There was a little saying one a sheet filled with sentiments that I thought would go perfectly so I cut it out.  I stamped on the tweed card stock with my Vintage Wallpaper stamp in Navy blue ink from Stampin' Up!  Then I found a scrap piece of paper that was the closest to Peacock that I would get.  On that Peacock paper I stamped  again with a different color of blue.  Even the pearls were from the kit!  I did add some linen ribbon from Paper Trey ink but that's it, everything is from the kit!
 Keeping with my Market Street Fresh kit theme I whipped up this card quick last night.  I used Sweet Lace as my background stamp on my Kraft card stock.  Then layered it with papers from October Afternoon (included in the kit).  The sentiment as well as the cross is from Shabby Chic Stamp Company's Easter Blessing set.  I had this left over piece of ribbon on my desk that any normal person would of thrown out but NOT ME!  I sat there wondering what I could do with it.  I knotted it on both ends and thought..hmmm I could add it to the card so I did just that.  Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Both cards are fabulous and thanks for entering the Market Street Stamps Paint the Town challenge!

    - Tifany
    http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/
    {MSS Senior Designer}

    ReplyDelete