About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Time for another great Peachy Keen Sketch!

Maybe I should of done a card dedicated to rain in place of a rain dance because by golly we need rain soooooooo bad. A couple of months ago all we had was some really bad flooding. Now everyone's hay I mean grass is dried up and crisp. I try keeping up with it and watering it but it is hard to do with over 100 degree temps and an acre and a half of grass to try to save. As I am typing this I hear thunder in the distance so I am praying that it will rain!

Anyway this week there is a great sketch over Peachy Keen Stamps. But hold on there is a twist!!!!

Here is the sketch:



And the twist was to use this color combo:


This is what I came up with using both guidelines:



The adorable elephant is from Peachy Keen Stamps. I embossed the image in a blue powder first and then colored it in. I wanted to add a little something in the blank space so I took a scrap die cut I had laying around and used PK-101 Medium Polka Dt background stamp to give it a bit of design since it was the same kraft color as the card. The buttons, sentiment and card stock are from Papertrey Ink.

10 comments:

  1. So cute Lisa, those button are perfect. I love it! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    I just had to come and visit after the wonderfully kind words you left on my blog! You are so sweet. I think it was a God thing. Your story is SO inspiring to read your journey and I will pray that you continue on a wonderful path of healing and recovery. I have a friend who lost her grown son to suicide after serving in Afghanistan and I'm not sure that she is going to get over his death. She is spiraling into very unhealthy waters. You are a testament that you can move on from tragedy. I think your therapist was very wise to get you into scrapbooking. I'm thankful for that...thanks for sharing your talents, story and inspiration! I am a new follower :)
    blessings,
    jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is CAH-UTE, Lisa! I love the little somethin' extra with the die cut and polka dot thing going on. THAT was brilliant, and the button trim is so cute and adds the perfect pop of color and texture. Very, very well done!!! LOVE IT!!!

    Love ya,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I reckon Lorie has summed your delightful card up a treat Lisa!! Cute and clever is a total understatement! VERY clever! Luv Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa,You card is sooo SWEET!I LOVE the cute elephant and the buttons,AMAZING job with it!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa,
    Your card is so cute! Love that elephant! Your buttons are perfect for this sketch! Nicely done!
    Love and hugs,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! I love what you did with the buttons and that elephant is darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute....love the buttons and the elephant is simply adorable!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
    jskoning at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an adorable elephant. anyone who gets this card is sure to have a big smile !
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete