About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Love at first sight



Here is a scrapbook layout that I whipped up rather quickly following the sketch challenge over at My Mind's Eye Challenge Blog. Two of my FAVORITE FAVORITE paper lines are Fine & Dandy and the Stella and Rose lines. I only had a few sheets of the Fine & Dandy since that was all that was left so (insert me sulking here) I had to use it. I know I am ridiculous but when I LOVE LOVE LOOOOVVVVEE a paper line so much I hate to use it because once I do I won't have it anymore :( But since it was for my little Girlie Goo's I had no problem.


The layout I did was the day the twins were born and the pictures of the girls (of course) and Daddy's first time holding them. Which for the record I think is very unfair. I did all the work and I was the one strapped to the table and he got to hold them for the first time!! LOLFor the layout I used My Mind's Eye Tickled Pink paper and some of the Fine & Dandy ribbon. I even took the little piece of scrap paper and made it into a tag. On the back of the tag I wrote down the times that they were born so it could help in the arguements later on in life who came first..uggh! It was a blissful moment when the twins were born but bittersweet for us. It shows that even thru the worst of storms there is sunshine and sometime's even a rainbow will appear.


We were very blessed with two healthy girls that both weighed exactly 5lbs 13oz. each. My Doctor told me she never had that happen so I should go and play the lotto. I told her that I just won the lotto.....had two healthy babies with no complications that was payment enough. My youngest twin was even born with a tooth!!

5 comments:

  1. Love the layout. Great job!!
    TFS,

    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice layout, Lisa! That is pretty neat that the twins' birth weight were exactly the same! :) ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout nd hearing about your twins! My twin boys were both 6 lbs 5 oz! Silly how that works out... And even stranger they were exactly the same weight at most of the well baby check ups thier first year! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww so sweet! Great job on your layout..I've been in total scrapbooking mood too! I can't believe your little one was born with a tooth, I've never heard of that! Hopefully you had a tooth brush ready! lol.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout Lisa! So glad they were born so healthy and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete