About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

OOHH I can't take it anymore!! Here's some more Grid

Okay I am so bad. The joke in the family is me at Christmas time. I can't wait to exchange gifts and I am usually trying to talk people into opening their gifts early. My husband and I barely ever make it to Christmas for the gift exchange. I just can't contain the excitement.

I was planning on releasing a couple more each day of projects that I made using my
Perfectly Pretty Grid. Well I have no will power so I am gonna post all the projects that are done today!! I am so bad!! But it was so much fun trying to see what I came up with. Besides on Friday Market Street Stamps is set to release a whole bunch of new stamps!!!! Yipee I have my eye on a couple already that I simply must obtain! Check out the vintage wallpaper background stamp...tell me that stamp does not have endless possibilities!!!

Okay now remember my challenge to myself was to use only Market Street Stamps and scraps. I can't tell you how fun this was. I had to literally force myself to stop because I have 2 other background stamps that I purchased that I want to showcase. Not to mention Friday's release!



On this card there is no Dp used. I used the Perfectly Pretty Grid and distressed the corners. I wanted some sort of decoration in the corners and that was a tough one because I have a few Market Street Stamps but none that would fit the bill. And since my challenge to myself was to only use Market Street Stamps I had to get creative. I took what was meant to be the water shooting up from the whales spout out of the Ocean Fun Stamp set and stamped it in the corners. I had a whole bunch of K&Company die cuts so I decided to use those on this card. Then I added some mounting dots for dimension and lace trim.

Next we have a super fun and easy card that I just love. The pictures really do not show it justice! I took some Hawaiian Shores cardstock from PaperTrey Ink and stamped the Perfectly Grid stamp in white over it and distressed the corners. I had some leftover mats on my desk that I had cut out with some PTI dies as well as some hearts that were extra from a Valentine's project I was doing. It looked nice bright and sunny so I grabbed my Ain't no Sunshine set from Market Street stamps. I stamped it in different colors and popped it up on mounting dots for dimension. This was super easy and alot of fun to make. That's how you know you have a good stamp..when they do all the work and make things look good for you!!




Next I had a leftover bus from an altered composition book that I did. I wanted to make a "Great job" card for a school age child. I put the flower on the card to see what it would look like and walked away. In that time it became permanent and I wanted to scream!!! I tried to take it off but it ruined the cardstock. I wasn't going to even show the card because I didn't like how it looked but I said the heck with it. There are no mistakes when something is handmade right??? HAHA I wish!
The focus was the bus anyway and that came out super cute. I used CTMH Liquid Glass for the windows to give it that glassy look.




Next week I will be showcasing some more of my fabulous Market Street Stamps. I just can't stop....... I challenge you all to see what you can do with one stamp and your scraps..really it's fun you should try it!

3 comments:

  1. How creative you were with this one grid stamp! You've inspired me to go check out the Market Street site AND to look at BG stamps in a whole new light.
    Your cards are lovely.
    I read your story of your children. Yours is a family of strength and the power of faith. Thank you for sharing it. Hugs to Mia Anne and Gianna Marie. I'm sure they bring you great joy.

    ReplyDelete