About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I'm Late, I'm Late....

Oh my craziness!! Sorry that this is getting posted now but we were having issues yesterday with the server so I was waiting to release my post. Today I had to run around crazy on errands and the post that I thought was done wasn't even written!!! YIKES! So today you will get two posts in one.

First this week over at Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge blog there is a great sketch. I was so excited when I saw this sketch because it fit perfect for an idea that I have been wanting to do. My original theme was going to be a "rainbow" theme for the pictures I have of the double rainbows that seem to appear on my angels in heavens birthdays. But once I started doing the sketch I (totally have attention disorder) I completely changed the whole thing and came up with this. I used PKS-450 Wide-Eyed Kids Face Assortment in the largest size that comes on the set. For the crawling babies I used the New Arrival cartridge and Plantin Schoolbook for the font. Papers are October Afternoon. As many of you know I am in LLLLLLLLLLOOOVVEE with buttons. So much that I hate to actually use them because I don't want to part with them. But since this layout is for my little miracles I splurged. When my friend saw the layout her first words out of her mouth were "WOW Lisa, you splurged...you actually used your buttons!" All of my buttons are from PaperTrey Ink.



Next over at The Sisterhood of Crafters we would love to see your Valentine's Day creations. The shame with this picture is that you can't see the dimension of all the layers on this card. I made this with scraps that I had on my table but you know what, I kinda like the way it came out. Simple but cute!



You have two weeks to play along with each challenge so I hope you come and play along with us and share in the fun!!

7 comments:

  1. I love the Valentine card! It is beautiful! Your layout is spectacular! You are so good at scrapping! Certainly is a double blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa! I absolutely LOVE your LO. I can't tell you how much! It is PERFECT in every way. Your card is very pretty too! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable LO! Cute card too:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your LO is amazing! I really love how you incorporated the rainbow using the buttons...so creative! You honor your children so beautifully! Your LOVE card is awesome too... love all the patterns and colors!
    Lori
    http://got2bcrafting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your LO is darling!! I love the way you used the buttons! As for your card... I think it is beautiful! sometimes the simple ones are the prettiest!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This layout is perfect for the challenge! You did a wonderful job, your daughters are beautiful! I love all of the details with the buttons. You always do such a great job with your projects! Also your Valentines day is stunning!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete