About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Stitching Challenge over at Practical Scrappers



I know what you are thinking....a Christmas card in August??? Well I am always so far behind I figured why not and get ahead of the game. I actually was just glancing thru my Winter Woodland Cricut Cartridge and came across this image. I have been trying to use my Design Studio more so I just started playing around. I welded the two shapes into a card. I then used two different snowflakes and inked them up with Stampin Up! ink. For dimension I added some pop dots to the second layer of the snowflake. The challenge this week over at Practical Scrappers is to use Stitching on your project. So I added stitching on the inner layer of the card with my sewing machine and then used my white gel pen to go around the scalloped edge and add faux stitching. I started to add ribbon to it but honestly it looked better plain and simple like it is so I left it. Now that I got some Christmas cards done...hhhmmm maybe I should work on actually getting them sent out!! HA

5 comments:

  1. SO pretty! I love all the great patterns and of course the wonderful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love this idea of using the Cricut image with this fun card shape. The stitching makes it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Lisa! I like how you layered the snowflake.

    Corinna
    (a fellow PS design teamer)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I really like this card. I always love a Christmas card that is designed in non traditional colors and you've done it....
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! It is so beautiful. I start my Christmas cards already too!

    ReplyDelete