About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Let's get Animated with Practical Scrappers!


This week over at Practical Scrappers they have a super fun challenge for you all! The challenge was to use Animation or Cartoon characters on your project. I knew immediately what I was going to do. My son was obessesed with the movie Cars. He loved anything and everything about Cars. So of course we had a Cars themed birthday. The pictures were not the greatest but that's all I got. I swore I was giong to get better pictures next time but sadly I never got the chance. I bought a paper pack from Creative Memories a couple of years ago on a Crop with a Cars theme. I never used it so I broke that out and used that as the DP as well as a bunch of stickers and embellishments that I bought awhile ago to do his pages.
I added some screw brads in the corner of the top photos which I thought were cute. He loved to build things...I was convinced he would of been an engineer. One time he asked me to put together a toy for him and I couldn't do it. I told him that he was going to have to wait until Daddy came home. He said "Mommy, give me 'structions". By golly he laid the 3ft long instructions out and he put it together all by himself. I remember laughing that I was just shown up by a 5 year old but it made me so proud. Still don't know how he managed to do it when he couldn't read!!!





It's that time again for another wonderful sketch over at Practical Scrappers. Here is another sketch I completed for my friends album using this Friday's sketch. I would love if you stopped on by and showed us your version of this sketch!!

2 comments:

  1. I sooo love both your pages. But it's Disney so I love all Disney!! You did a grat job on both pages. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your beautiful stories and wonderful scrap/card pieces. :), Vanessa

    ReplyDelete