About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Somewhere over the rainbow.....




I decided to take a break from doing my friends album and to scrapbook a LO of my own children. I printed out over 2,000 photos...every picture I had of them so I have plenty to pick from.

First sorry that the pictures stink but I took them inside my craft room since it was raining outside. Plus I already put on my comfy PJ's at 6:00pm and didn't think the neighbors would appreciate that one!

I designed this LO around several challenges. These are pictures of my two angels Mikey and Annie playing in the sprinkler. It is hard to make out but they are trying to drink the water as it is shooting out of the volcano. My daughter was a very tiny girl and the bathing suit she was wearing was either 18 months or 24 months (and she was 3yrs old) and as you can see it kept drooping off of her. But you dare not tell her she was small because she would yell "I am not SMALL....I am a BIG girl!!!" What sweet memories......... I left several areas blank so I can journal about the day. This one will be framed and hung in my office because it makes me smile and think of them.

Here are the challenges I based them off of:

Frosted Designs - Color combo...I had so much fun playing with the colors they picked I had to do another one! And the funny thing is some of those colors are not my cup of tea and I normally wouldn't use them...boy how things have changed!!

My Creative Time "Throwback Thursday" challenge. Emma picked the cartridge Doodlecharms..I had so much fun I had to do another one. For this one I used the sun.

Stuck On U Sketch

Delightful Sketches Summer theme

Bitten By the Bug 2 the challenge was to use the Rainbow from the Once Upon a Princess cartridge. I used my PK-641 Princess Faces stamp set that I just got from Peachy Keen Stamps.

This is one of the first blogs that got me going on this LO because of the rainbow theme. My daughter used to sing all of the time "Somewhere over the Rainbow". She didn't know all of the words but the way she sang it at only 3 years old was just to cute. That's why I had to put little girlie goo faces in the clouds. And now I say that she is somewhere over the rainbow... :(
On my twins birthday a quick rainstorm came thru and there was a double rainbow over my house which of course I got pictures of. A couple of days before I was having a rough day missing my kids and the same thing happened...a double rainbow. I like to think of that as their way of telling me that they are okay and they are with me.

16 comments:

  1. This is so sweet.. I love the special memory this must give you.. They look like they are having fun.. Great layout..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa~ the layouts turned out terrific.
    What a beautiful way to commemorate your angels.
    Love the story about her bathing suit & her being a big girl. So sweet!
    Good luck on those challenges. I think you did a super job.
    Best wishes,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... cute pictures!!! Love your take on the SOUS sketch!! And the colors at the FD challenge are perfect for this LO!! This LO is total cuteness!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout .. bright colors for those happy times they had. Thanks for playing at SOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layout is so adorable. I believe too in signs and I bet you are right that they are right there and are telling you so.
    Hugs :) Renae

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loove your LO's! They are great! Thank you for joining us this week at bbtb2! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa,
    Oh I am so super glad to see you again! These stories just warm my heart in a way thats hard to describe. Amazing the power of love!
    I just adore this LO, I am awful glad the sketch worked and you did awesome combining these challenges! Its so bright and happy as were the wonderful stories! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Lisa
    These are pefect and such lovely memories, thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the cutest layout, Lisa! I love the sunshine and rainbows, and those little angels are precious! Love that droopy swimsuit. Great photos, too!

    Love ya,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a happy summer filled layout..Love the faces on the sun and clouds, makes it so kid friendly..I'm glad you have joined us again this week at SOUS..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a nice lay-out! I love the colors and the super faces on the rainbow clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely lay-out. They have a lot of fun.:)) Thanks for playing with DS.

    Rosalien

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way CUTE!!!!.Thanks for playing with us a FD.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad YOU won the FD challenge.
    Your layout and story made me cry. Thank you for sharing it. What a wonderful memory to treasure.

    ReplyDelete