About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

SEND CARDS TO SAM CAMPAIGN!!!



I am reposting this as I saw it on Pixie Dust Studio's website. It is a wonderful campaign to join. For a child so young to be fighting a battle this harsh is just heartbreaking. We can help put a smile on this little boys face by sending him cards daily. My next challenge cards will be made for Sam. I hope and ask that you will repost this on your blog. If not, please simply put a card in the mail to this young boy. Read below the story as it was posted on Pixie Dust Studio's blog.


Send them to Sam is a card campaign.

I am challenging all you talented ladies to help little Sam fight Cancer. Sam is a wonderful and strong 5 year old boy. His battle with Cancer is just beginning. He was diagnosed with Stage 3 Lymphoma this week. He has a very tough fight ahead of him. I would love everyone to join me in helping Sam fight this and WIN! Sam will be in the hospital for many months. I am starting a campaign to fill his days with tons of cards from all over the globe. What fun for Sam to know that people from all sides of the Earth are supporting and thinking about him. I am going to give him a map book and a ton of stickers. He will put a sticker on each location that his cards come from. How awesome would it be to cover the whole Earth with stickers from people supporting Super Sam. This will be a great adventure for Sam to watch the LOVE and SUPPORT from every corner of the globe. Lets each set a personal goal of one card a month, one card a week, or one card a day.
Keep them coming so he never stops looking forward to the next card delivery.

Ladies with a humble heart, I ask for your support in this Send Them to Super Sam campaign. I will provide updates from time to time to let you all know how Super Sam is winning his battle over Cancer. When he is victorious over Cancer we can all celebrate together in honor of the wonderful and brave Super Sam! I welcome anyone and everyone to join Pixie Dust Studio in the Send Them to Sam Card Campaign! Please take this blog blinkie and post it and link it back to the Pixie Dust Studio Super Sam link. Help pass this Campaign message along..lets spread the word, lets share the news. Cards are needed to help a little boy and his battle with Cancer!


Please send Cards and well wishes to....

Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center

1719 E 19th Ave

Denver CO 80218

ATTENTION: Samual Humphries

It would also be great fun to include the Super Sam image on the inside, back or envelope or mention SUPER SAM ...that way Sam will know that he is a Superhero and he can win this fight!

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, thanks for helping us to spread the word.
    Hugs...
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, I am going to make a card for Sam and can I have your permission to post this on my facebook? I am trying to get some of my friends to make cards for Sam too. I hope to cheer Sam with cards from this part of the world.

    Adeline from Singapore

    ReplyDelete