About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

My first easel card!!!~~~ 2nd post today



I finally did it! I finally completed an easel card. I don't know why but it totally intimidated me but it was the easiest thing ever!!!

I followed the sketch over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. The challenge over at
Everybody-Art was to do an easel card which was what inspired me to finally try one.

I broke out some of my new paper from Close to My Heart and at first I started having some palputations using my "good paper". I then talked myself off the edge and decided it was okay since it was for my Mom :) My friend gave me this stamp from Stampin Up! and I just loved the sentiment so I used that as my main image.

I submitted this card to these other challenges:

Simon Says Vintage w/flowers
Paperplay For a Mom challenge
Stamp Somethingrecipe challenge
Saturday Spotlight Clean & Simple challenge
Allsorts Mother's Day challenge

18 comments:

  1. Ohhh, this is so nice. I love the sentiment. And one day, I am going to make an easel card too! Great take of the sketch this week!
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is terrific.. I really like these cards.. It seems like you can decorate the card on the inside and everyone can see it..:) great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo this is beautiful darlin, thanks so much for joining in with this weeks challenge over at Simon Says Challenge :)

    xx

    Martine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - I love the color combinations. Will be a very nice card she can display.

    lindaa4_2

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really wonderful easel card and a great take on this weeks sketch...thanks for playing along with us at SSW :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely easel card. The easel card design is one of my faves and it is easy to assemble. Your card is just perfect.
    Hugs.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job on your first easel card and on our sketch! That sentiment is so right on! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love the sentiment. I have also been to scared to try an easel card! You did a wonderful job with it. I am so glad you could join us again at SSW, it is always a joy to see your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Lisa, I do love my easel cards! Those papers are delish too!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and the sentiment is just so sweet.

    Thanks for joining us on Stamp Something and PaperPlay this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! I love the pretty papers and the easel style really makes it even more wonderful!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Saturday Spotlight and Stamp Something this week!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adore your easel card - beautiful.

    Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful card the sentiment is such a fitting tribute to any mum!

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Sheri
    SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, This is beautiful! Love the gorgeous papers.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card, Lisa - and the sentiment is so perfect. Love it.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful DP is the perfect backdrop for this wonderful sentiment; great job on the easel technique, too! Thanks for playing in this week's Saturday Spotlight challenge!!

    ReplyDelete