About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Celebrating Moms at the Sisterhood

Good morning!  In honor of all those special woman and Mother's out there we are having a challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters to celebrate them.  

The challenge is to create something for Mother's Day (whether it be Aunt, Sister, Grandma etc.) and it must include a flower somewhere on it.


I decided to use a stamp set from PaperTrey Ink that I have not used in a long time.  I used my Spectrum  Noir markers to color it, then topped it with Glossy Accents.  I used a sentiment from a stamp company that has since gone out of business.  I wanted to keep it simple (which for me is sometimes very hard to do!!).  I added some mounting dots to the top layer to give it some depth.  I sure hope this puts a smile on the recipient's face!

Please come on over to the Sisterhood and play along with our "Celebrate Moms" challenge! Have a great day!

HAPPY CRAFTING!

9 comments:

  1. This is stunning! Love your coloring of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! Love your coloring of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant and GORGEOUS!! The flowers are so pretty and beautifully colored!! Sorry I was so late getting mine in...I promise to try and do better...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elegant and GORGEOUS!! The flowers are so pretty and beautifully colored!! Sorry I was so late getting mine in...I promise to try and do better...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful creation Lisa! Those flowers really POP ... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow!!!! Sooo Pretty!!! The flowers just pop with beauty! :) Have a great day!

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete