About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Getting crafty with Household items

Good morning everyone! 

I love challenging myself to make things that I already have on hand (and sometimes even within my reach). I was sitting in my office and next to me were these clips and some Post It notes.  I figured "Why not?".  So I made some picture holders with the jumbo binder clips and some Post It note gift holders with the post it notes.  





First off are my picture holders.  These were the jumbo ones I purchased from the nearest Office Supply store.  There are several different sizes available and you can do the same with each size, just measure your base so you know what to cut your DP at. For the first two I used Capture the Good Times stamp set.  These would be great to put wedding photos in, and even (I thought) great place card holders for an event, wedding or any kinda party.  And they get to take them home as favors to boot!I embellished mine with some ribbon and added a bit of hot glue towards the top.


I also made one in a baby boy theme but the stamp actually came from the girl inspired Sugar & Spice.  I have both sets because they both have stamps that are very versatile and can be used for anything.

Next I had some Post It note holders but they were from the Dollar store so I had to make up my own template due to the fact that they are much skinnier than the real Post-It Notes.  Each bag has two Post-It note holders in it and each holder has two pads inside.  So the recipient will get four post it note holders. I thought these would make great gifts to have on hand for the occasion you need a little Thank you gift.


For the sets in the bottom row I used Short & Sweet Tags.


This one is the package that is standing taller in the back.  I just packaged them differently.  This is the back side of the package.  I made it so there was a design on both sides.  The sentiment here is from Simply Said.

Below are the stamp sets I used as well as the links.

Short & Sweet Tags found HERE.

Simply Said found HERE.

Sugar & Spice found HERE.

Capture the Good Times found HERE.

You will be surprised with the amazing gifts you have right in front of you and they certainly will come in handy!

Have a great day! 

Happy Crafting!





1 comment: