About Me

My photo
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
I am a stay at home mom..now that is! February 19th, 2007 I was involved in a car accident while on vacation in Florida. I awoke in ICU to find out that my only two children Annemarie age 3 and Michael age 5 did not make it. Scrapbooking became such a big part of my life. It helped fill a void that I desperately needed to fill. Our therapist suggested that I take up scrapbooking as a way to memorialize my children, little did she know! So I took that and ran with it.I became obsessed with scrapping and took over the second largest room in my house. Because of my injuries I couldn't go out and get a job, I just scrapped!I printed out 2,000 photos and my journey began. I have made albums for family members and layouts to decorate my craft room. We thought we were done having kids but who expected this tragedy??? I just gave birth in June 2009 to two beautiful baby girls Mia Anne and Gianna Marie named after their brother and sister.I swore that I would keep up with their albums so I won't become overwhelmed so we will see how that works out! My profile picture is the last family picture that was taken of all of us.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Love in a box!!







The minute I saw the challenge over at the Peachy Keen Stamp Challenge I was sooooo excited. The challenge was to make a purse/tote in a winter theme (Valentine's Day, Winter, Snow etc.) and it had to have a stamped image on it. This sounded like such a fun challenge and it got my gears in my head going! Plus the prize is by Annie's Attic and my daughters name was/is Annie. I knew I had to do it the problem was deciding what to do. At first I made a clutch purse but it was kinda small and wouldn't work with what I wanted to do with it. SO I started over and this is what I came up with. WHen I made my clutch purse I didn't have a two sided Valentine's day themed paper so I made my own with 2 pieces of 12X12 paper and Craft Bond. When I switched to another project I didn't want to waste the paper so I decided to use that one. I cut 14 2" squares and rolled them into cones. Even if I tried to describe how this worked out you wouldn't truly understand it. The glue I used just kept popping open and I used really good tape to! I won't get into the whole story but let's just say I have some hair clumps on my craft room floor right now....mixed in with the little pieces of paper from the backing of my tape.

I made my cones into an ornament. I cut out two scalloped hearts from Doodlecharms on my Cricut. I got to use my new stamp set from Peachy Keen Stamps PK-531 Simple Sallies Face Assortment. I used the largest one in the package which I believe is the 1 3/8" stamp for the face on the heart. The handle is actually an adhesive border from K&Company. I was trying to find a place to put it on the box when I realized that it would make a perfect handle so I just didn't take the backing off. Used my Nestibilies to punch out the window and cut up a clear envelope to cover the opening.

I went thru my extremely vast scrap pile and picked some purple scraps out as well as some white and put it thru a crimper and then cut it into small pieces for some homemade confetti in the box for a splash of color. I think I will attach a gift card, money or a check to the back of the ornament as a gift.

I entered the tote into the following challenges:

Peachy Keen Stamp Challenge - to make a purse/tote

One Stop Craft Fancy Corners or edges

Bitten By The Bug 2 Valentine's Day with a splash of purple challenge

Papertake Weekly's Pink Challenge

Creative Card Crew's "Punch It" challenge

26 comments:

  1. what a sweet sweet treasure, great project. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is fabulous such pretty colours and fab detail. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How absolutely ADORABLE! Thanks so much for entering the BBTB2 contest and best of luck! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you go, girl! You sure had fun with this one, didn't you?!? This is fabulous, my friend, and such a wonderful take on this challenge!! Thanks for playing along with us!

    Love ya,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant project! Such pretty colours too.
    Thank you for joining in our challenge at OSCC this week. Hope you join us again soon!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just adorable, so different and so sweet. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week, good luck in the draw.
    Luv Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy you sure worked hard on this one, but I think it was worth it! It is fabulous!!! I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for joining us @ pks! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is brilliant such a lot of work.Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow Lisa, this is amazing!!!
    beautiful project!!!
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is definitely a WOWER!!! What a amazing project! You did a wonderful job!
    Thanks for joining us @ Peach Keen!
    hugs,
    Emma:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!! How much work and imagination went into this GORGEOUS project Lisa!! I'm in awe of your patience and engineering abilities. You ended up with a purse that is totally brilliant. Absolutely LOVE the ornament too! Amazing job.
    Thanks for playing along with us again my friend. Good luck!
    Hugs Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning creation Lisa, sooooooo clever, thank you for joining in with our CCC challenge this week,Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa you did a great job on this one!! I love everything about it, who wouldn't love to get this for Valentine's Day?! You can tell alot of time and though went into this project. Great job and thanks for playing along - good luck! :)

    Hugs,
    Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWEE! You sure rocked the challenge with this Lisa. What an awesome and stunning creation. Immaculately put together and perfectly displayed in the gorgeous box. Stunning work.
    Thanks for sharing this with us, and for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous project!

    Thank you for joining us this week at PTW.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a lot of hard work, well worth the effort though as the end result is gorgeous.
    Thanks for playing along at CCC.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW look at you go girl ... this is AMAZING & AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowzers! Lisa I love this. Such a sweet Valentine gift. I've gotta try this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh the heart is fab!!!
    loved the box!
    Thanks for joining us at OSCC. Hugs Itzuvit xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very sweet. I love the face you put on the heart and it's a lovely gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is so cute! the face on the Valentine is darling!
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  22. LISA!! How adorable your Love in a Box is!! You always make us smile with your creations! I am getting your football card up today before we leave for CHA. Lots of Love and Hugs my friend! :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMGosh!!! get right outta town!!!! ADORABLE!!!! you sure blew this one outta the water!!! thanks for playing along with us at PKS!!! GOOD LUCK

    nikki

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE this project! WOW!!! It's incredible. Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is just darling and so feminine looking. What a treasure!!! Good luck with the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Lisa!!! I'm SO pleased you won the PK challenge. Well done my friend!!
    Hugs Viv xxxx

    ReplyDelete